Adoption STAR is often praised for its pre-placement and post placement support services for birth parents. Pre-and-Post placement support services include: free counseling in your home, in a neutral setting or in the agency’s office. Support services include:
- Free Counseling
- An Experienced And Caring Staff Offering You Respect For Your Decision-Making Process
- 24-hour Staff Availability
- Ability To Choose The Adoptive Family And To Keep In Touch And Visit, If Desired
- Open Or Closed Adoptions
- Medical And Other Expenses Paid
- Resources And Referrals (Housing, Further education, Employment, Etc.)
- No Foster Care – Immediate Placement
- Birth Parent Support Group – Blue Rose
- Birth Parent Newsletter
Though it is not mandatory, it is desirable for birth parents to continue with the agency to receive supportive services after placement. The post placement period is a very difficult time filled with grief, loss, confusion and questions. Adoption STAR is here to help birth parents work through these issues.
You can also request a registration packet by calling us directly tollfree at #1-866-691-3300 or 716-639-3900; or, email Adoption STAR’s Birth Parent Department.