First, let me start by saying that if it wasn’t for Michele and her dedicated staff to open and start Adoption STAR our family would not be a family today- We thank you and love you all, for what you have done and become. Our daughter came home to us Aug. 14 of 2000, she was born the beginning of July. After facing all the trials of infertility and other failed attempts to adopt, it was our social worker who put us in touch with Michele. We prepared everything needed, sending pictures and our profile, we were waiting, patiently, to hear a word. My father-in-law was in a nursing home in his final stage of life and unresponsive, together we were all gathered with my husband’s family. That evening before I left the nursing home, I said good-bye to my father-in-law, I whispered in his ear, told him it was ok to let go and when he got to Heaven to ask God to make this baby ours. Well, the following morning my father-in-law passed away. My husband came home after arrangements had been completed. Now after feelings of stress and relief, we knew it would still be a few days before we hear anything about the baby, (that is what we were told by our social worker.) Early that afternoon our phone rang, it was our social worker, telling us that our daughter’s birth mother had selected us. I started to cry and my husband was speechless! No one knew at that time what I had told my father-in-law. Do I believe in miracles? You bet!!! Our daughter’s adoption was #1 and our son’s #79-When our daughter was about 2 1/2, we decided it was time to add another member to our family, so again, we contacted Adoption STAR, attending new classes, doing our updates to our profile, and preparing our daughter for the upcoming event of having a brother or a sister. One afternoon I received a phone call from our social worker. We had a lengthy conversation about an illness affecting a baby boy, what I knew about it (I am a nurse) and how we felt about this. After our conversation and speaking with our pediatrician too, we were confident we could become parents of this baby boy. We had to travel to Virginia to pick him up. It just so happened that a close friend of ours lived only 20 minutes from where we needed to go to get him. It made it a little bit easier to have him there with us for support. We arrived at our destination, with tears of relief and joy. We laid eyes on him and a big smile came across his face and ours. We knew our family was complete! Only once did my daughter tell us to “take him back to Ginia Mom, he screams too much!” I told her that couldn’t be, he was ours and here to stay. Today they have become great friends and true siblings who will have each other forever.