Help support the Coalition of Adoptive and Foster Family Agencies (CAFFA) by participating in a special opportunity later this month.
Adoption STAR is a member of the CAFFA, an organization of agencies providing foster care and adoption services in Western New York. CAFFA strives to both support and enhance the delivery of quality foster care and adoption services to families and children. The mission of CAFFA is to collaboratively promote children’s permanency through advocacy, education and support. CAFFA’s purposes include the following:
- To facilitate coordination among Western New York’s foster care and adoption programs.
- To identify issues and strategies leading to the resolution of problems affecting local child welfare services.
- To promote within member agencies and the community at large, awareness of the various adoption and foster care services for children in the child welfare system.
- To provide information to the community on current adoption and foster care issues via the media, workshops, conferences, and publications.
- To advocate on behalf of children, foster and adoptive families, and/or birth families.
Several Adoption STAR staff members are involved in planning for a fundraising event that’s being held a several Western New York-based Friendly’s Restaurants.
Dine at a Friendly’s in Amherst (Maple Road location), Blasdell, Jamestown or Olean at any point on Thursday, July 30th, present a special voucher (to view and print out the voucher, click HERE), and 20% of your check will be donated to CAFFA.
This is a great opportunity to enjoy a meal and help support foster care and adoption-related agencies all at the same time. Adoption STAR staff members Zachary Fried, Stephanie Velez, and Wendy Lane. Will be staffing the CAFFA information able at the Amherst (Maple Road) location during the afternoon that day, so feel free to stop by and say “hello!”