November is National Adoption Month. Seems fitting that it lands in the “month of thanks”. Today we celebrate both adoption and Thanksgiving. On our Facebook page we asked, “When it comes to adoption, what are you thankful for?” Here are the responses.
- Brandy — I am thankful for that amazing support I have had from my amazing Adoption Star family and I am more then thankful for my son and his amazing parents and the unconditional love they have shown me for the last 7 years.
- Alison — Besides the obvious (our kids!) also the unexpected family we have gained via our sons’ birth families as well as our Adoption Star family! I am so grateful for the friendships, support, love and ongoing connections for me personally as well as for our kids. Feeling very blessed.
- Anneliese — I’m thankful for the adult adoptee community that has emerged with so many strong voices to educate this generation’s adoptive parents and open arms to help our adopted children find their way as they mature. I honor all you have survived and fought for. Thank you.
- Janell — My husband and i are thankful for the future birth mom who will allow us the beautiful blessing of being the adoptive parents of her child.
- Mary — It means I’m even more thankful this month bc it’s allowed me to be where I am today!
- Melissa — I am thankful for Adoption STAR feeling hope again!
- Kasandra — I am thankful for my birth daughters family and how amazing they are. I am thankful for the opportunities adoption has given her that I would have never been able to provide. And I am thankful for adoption star and the amazing support I have received as birth mom In terms of healing and accepting my decision.
- Kristen — I am thankful for the selflessness of birth parents and adoptive parents in caring for the needs of children.
- Jennifer — Jacob of course & his birthmom!
- Kayla — I am thankful to have been adopted into my family as well as placing my first born with a wonderful family. I am so blessed to have as good of a relationship as I do with them
- Joseph — Adoption Star!
- Suzanne — My son!!!!!! He has blessed our family and our community more than we could ever have even imagined!!!!
Read More from Our Social Media:
- Pre-Adoption Baby Showers: To Do Or Not To Do?
- How Did You Know the Adoptive Parents you Selected were the Right Parents for Your Baby
- From Our Social Media: Profiling Opportunities
- From Our Social Media: Adoption Themed Movies and Television Shows
- From Our Social Media: Adoption Contact & Get Togethers
© Adoption STAR blog, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the Adoption STAR Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.