In the news this week, the Philippines is raising adoption awareness.
The Republic of the Philippines has dedicated this week (Feb 4-10 actually) as “Adoption Consciousness Week.”
The Department of Social Welfare and Development hopes to bring much needed attention to orphaned, abandoned, and neglected children in the country who are in need of permanent families.
The philosophy is that everyone benefits in an adoption.
For more information on adoption in the Philippines visit: Intercountry Adoption Bureau
Read the What to Expect Series:
- What to Expect #1: Preparing for International Adoption
- What to Expect #2: Orphanage Care
- What to Expect #3: Attachment and Bonding
- What to Expect #4: Developmental vs. Chronological age
- What to Expect #5: Post Adoption-Love at First Sight?
© Adoption STAR blog, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the Adoption STAR Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.