As adoptive parents your adoption experience does not end after the placement of your child, in fact it is just beginning. As a parent you will grow from each experience with your child. Parenting itself can be a challenging experience, when adding adoption issues, parents and children will have plenty of challenging experiences along their journey. By receiving post adoption education you can make your family’s journey a more positive experience.
Below is a list of many of the post adoption education classes and workshops offered by Adoption STAR. If you would like more information on these classes, visit the adoption education page on the Adoption STAR website and email email@example.com.
Post Adoption Education Classes:
– Raising the Adopted Child – How to talk to your child about adoption and much more.
– Financial Planning For The Adoptive Family – Facilitated by adoptive parents with experience in the financial field. Learn more about the adoption tax credit, etc.
– African American Hair and Skin Care Classes – Facilitated by hair care professionals; class is geared to parents raising Black and Biracial children.
– Transracial Adoption Panel – Members of the adoption triad will discuss questions and share experiences regarding transracial and transcultural adoption.
– Growing in Your Transracial Adoption – How to grow a healthy transracial family in our society.
– Growing in Your Open Adoption – Focuses on developing a positive relationship over time with your child’s birth family.
– Growing in Your Adoption of a Child with Special Needs – Learn how to navigate the special needs system and learn from a panel of special needs professionals and parents of children with special needs.
– What We Have Learned So Far: Panel of Adoptive Parents of School-Age Children Speak to New and Waiting Adoptive Parents –Find out how adoption has changed the lives of fellow adoptive parents and take the opportunity to learn from them and ask questions.
– Raising An Only Child. Should We Or Shouldn’t We? – The panel on this workshop will consist of parents who believe in the positives of raising one child as well as parents who chose to raise more than one child.
– Telling Your Child Their Birth Story – Learn how to share your child’s birth and adoption story with them.