We submitted our questions to the Department of State and USCIS and now they, along with COA, will give us answers and information at a Free UAA Update and Training Session.
If you are in the process of (or even just thinking about) adopting from a non-convention country this information and training session is for you. It is important to understand the adoption journey that you are on and the UAA will impact the process for families who choose to adopt from countries who are not yet signatory to the Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption.
Prospective Adoptive Parents are invited and encouraged to join in Thursday, May 22, 2014, 3:30 -5:00 p.m. (EST)!
The session will cover topics such as:
- Grandfathering under the UAA;
- Home study requirements;
- UAA and the accreditation regulations;
- What to do when things go wrong with domestic and foreign supervised providers;
- Independent adoptions;
- Primary provider rules;
- What to do if part of the case occurred before the effective date and part after;
- How to work in countries that do not permit U.S. accredited agencies to provide services there; and
- Country-specific guidance.
For more details and instructions on how to call in, visit:
UAA Update and Training May 20 and 22, 2014