Earlier today we published a National Adoption Month Online Scavenger Hunt. We are now providing an answer key.
The goal of the online scavenger hunt is to educate about adoption while improving internet search skills. If you are a teacher who would like your class to participate, the scavenger hunt will work as a class-room exercise with the class completing it as a group, or as an individual home work exercise.
Answer key for National Adoption Month Online Scavenger Hunt:
1. When is National Adoption Day: Saturday, November 19. (Found by searching the exact question: http://www.nationaladoptionday.org/)
2. When birth parents have the ability to remain in their child’s life after placement, what kind of adoption is this? Open adoption (Found by searching “different types of adoption” http://www.adopt.org/assembled/types.html)
3. What is the name of Cameron and Mitchell’s adopted child on the television show “Modern Family”?: Lilly (Found by searching the exact question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Modern_Family_characters)
4. Which two US presidents were adopted as children? Presidents Bill Clinton and Gerald Ford (Found by searching the exact question: http://www.ipl.org/div/farq/POTUSFARQ.html)
5. Do state governments have the ability to make some adoption regulations, or are adoption laws only made by the federal government? State governments have the ability to make some adoption regulations (Found by searching “Adoption law”: http://laws.adoption.com/)
6. Name two states where adoptees are allowed to receive their original birth certificates? Alabama and Delaware (Found by searching “States where adoptees can receive their original birth certificates: http://www.americanadoptioncongress.org/state.php
7. Which member of the band “The Beatles” was adopted by his aunt?: John Lennon (Found by searching “Famous adopted musicians” http://www.kidzworld.com/article/9575-adopted-celebrities)
8. What is adoption STAR’s local address? 47 Plaza Dr. Williamsville, NY 14221. (Found by searching “Adoption STAR address” https://adoptionstar.com/contact.php)
9. What is it called when an American family adopts a child from another country? International adoption. (Found by searching “American family adopts child from another country” (http://international.adoption.com/)
10. Name one actor that has grown his family through adoption? Billy Bob Thornton. (Found by searching “famous adoptive parents” http://celebrities.adoption.com/