Adoption STAR is having an Open House in recognition of National Adoption Month. Here are some of the reasons you should join us!
Adoption STAR staff members are looking forward to hosting an agency Open House on Tuesday, November 17th from 1:00pm to 6:00pm at our headquarters (131 John Muir Drive, Amherst, NY 14228). Curious as to why you should be in attendance? Check out the list below!
1. Have you seen our building? – Although we had an open house and ribbon cutting ceremony at our current facility back in March of 2013, many Adoption STAR clients from years past may not have ever set foot in “new” building. It’s a warm, inviting, beautiful space – stop on by and check it out for yourself! We’ll be happy to give you’re a tour.
2. Have you seen our new staff offices? – Our building has undergone some very recent changes. Additional hiring this fall has brought a need for more staff offices, and Lamparelli Construction spent a good chunk of October reconfiguring our space to meet the need. Staff members will be happy to show off their new digs.
3. Help your adoptee understand the important connection your family has to Adoption STAR – Because Adoption STAR is an important part of your child’s story, consider bringing them by the building for a visit. We’ve even had families that live out of town travel to our office specifically so their children could see the agency and meet the staff – a wonderful idea whether you live near or far.
4. Check out our Adoption STAR baby photo collection – Many, many Adoption STAR families (100+) have pictures of their beautiful children adorning the walls of our agency. Is a photo of your little one hanging on a wall somewhere? Come and find out!
5. Lots of new staff to meet – Plenty of new staff members have joined Adoption STAR over the course of 2014 and 2015. We hope you’ll come by to meet them.
6. Children’s activities – We want our littlest visitors to feel comfortable and welcome, so we’re planning some child-focused activities for the Open House. Structured activities begin at 4pm (after school!), although little ones that arrive earlier than that can play in our playroom or read a children’s book with their parent(s) in our library.
7. Interact with staff in small groups or one-on-one – It’s a rare opportunity to have an office FULL of Adoption STAR staff with one goal in mind for the ENTIRE afternoon: to chat with YOU. Whether you’re considering adoption, in need of some support or guidance, or just have questions that you need answered, the Open House is a great opportunity to meet with individual staff members one-on-one or in a small group.
8. Family STAR – Because we recognize that adoption is a lifelong journey, our agency has developed Family STAR, a post adoption services provider that’s ready to help all members of the adoption triad (whether you’re an Adoption STAR client or not). Wendy Lane will be present at the Open House.
9. Tapestry Books – The premiere website for adoption classics and cutting edge information on adoption related topics will have an information table set up at our Open House. As the leader in adoption books and resources, Tapestry handpicks select literature and is committed to helping you find what you need. Come make a purchase that’s bound to be an excellent addition to your adoption library at home or work.
10. I Do Love Buffalo check presentation – I Do Love Buffalo, Western New York’s ONLY annual LGBT Wedding and Event Expo, is presenting Adoption STAR with a check from funds raised at their 2015 event. The monies will be used towards a grant to help cover adoption-related expenses for agency clients that are members of the LGBT community. The check presentation is slated for 1:30pm and I Do Love Buffalo’s co-founders Soda Kuczkowski and Heather Bellini will be in attendance for the presentation.