Here’s a great conference opportunity for LGBTQ families that are interested in education, networking, and socializing with other LGBTQ families.
Pride and Joy Families is a program of The Lesbian and Gay Family Building Project which (according to their website), “is dedicated to helping lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) people in upstate New York achieve their goals of building and sustaining healthy families. We do this by providing support, advocacy, information, and access to community and sensitive health care and services.”
If you’re an LGBTQ family, attending this conference is something to seriously consider. Adoption STAR staff have attended in the past and found it to be an incredible experience. Here are the details on the conference itself:
2015 Pride and Joy Families Weekend Conference
Friday, March 20th-Sunday, March 22nd
Holiday Inn Arena, Binghamton, NY
Spend a weekend in Upstate New York learning and socializing with other LGBTQ families like yours…
- Keynote Address by psychologist Abbie Goldberg, Ph.D., on her recent research into how LGBTQ families are faring in their children’s schools.
- Educational workshops for adults about many aspects of living in an LGBTQ family, including essential legal and financial information, health and wellness, schools, faith communities, family building options, foster care and adoption, supporting transgender family members, and many others.
- Programs for children and youth of all ages, including childcare for those 4 years and older, and fun, community-building programming by Camp Highlight for children and youth in grades 3 and up.
- Intergenerational family activities and entertainment.
- Family Dance Party!
- Resource/Vendor Fair.
- Off-site excursions to Binghamton-area attractions.
- Pre-Conference Educational Program, Friday, March 20, 12 pm.
Binghamton University Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies Program
Gay Parent Magazine
Binghamton University Alumni Association
Out for Health
Registration opens January 9th.
Want to receive more information? Please express your interest to email@example.com.